If you need a hand with budgeting and finance, KARI’s Financial Counsellor offers the support you need.
KARI’s financial counsellor acts as a negotiator and advocate on behalf of those in the community experiencing financial risk. The service is both free and confidential.
As well as supporting and educating the client, a financial counsellor can provide their clients the following:
- A full assessment of their financial situation, including regular income and expenditure, assets and liabilities.
- Information as to entitlements to government forms of assistance.
- Information and options for change and improvement.
- The ability to negotiate on behalf of the client with credit providers, government agencies and other business providers.
- Information on credit laws, the debt recovery process, bankruptcy and other areas of legislation such as superannuation, insurance and harassment, to name a few.
Financial counselling is a unique type of service that sees the counsellor support a client’s health issues, financial concerns and assist with any appropriate referrals.
If you’re experiencing financial difficulties, please contact our Financial Counsellor today on (02) 8782 0300.