Silent auction items – over $12,000 was raised on the night.
The 2017 KARI Gala Dinner was held on Saturday 21st October at The Cube at Campbelltown Catholic Club with once again record attendance.
Uncle Ivan delivered a stirring Welcome to Country, which was followed by a fantastic cultural performance by Darren Compton and the Muggera Dance Group.
The KARI Gala Dinner aims to bring communities together to celebrate the importance of strengthening community and unity between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal communities. KARI ambassador Ray Hadley emceed the evening and provided excellent entertainment highlighting the achievements of KARI and the community.
One of the highlights each year is the silent auction. This year was our most successful silent auction to date with over $12,000 raised for KARI. Having the wonderful people who had donated prizes in the room attributed a great energy to the event, especially when Alex Nean played the Didgeridoo he had painted and explained the story behind the artwork.
The silent auction items were:
- 2017 Souths Jersey, Red & Green – signed
- 2017 Souths Indigenous Jersey – signed
- 2017 NSW Blues Jersey – signed
- 2017 Australian Rugby Union Jersey – signed
- Painted Didgeridoo by Aboriginal artist Alex Nean
- Canvas Artwork by Danielle Mate Sullivan
- Mercure Hunter Valley weekend stay package
- YouPizza woodfire pizza party package
- Laundry package (washer & dryer)
- Entertainment package (TV & sound bar)
- Kitchen package (fridge & wine cooler)
Thank you to all of our performers and guests for such a wonderful evening. You can view all the photos from the night here.