KARI Limited held its annual Carer Awards on the 23rd August at the Revesby Workers Club. This event provides an opportunity for KARI to show carers how much their commitment and dedication to caring is appreciated. Without them, KARI would cease to exist.
A combination of staff and children in care, provide the nominations and votes for the carers to receive awards. Carers from each area (South West Sydney, Central and Penrith) are presented with awards due to their outstanding achievements.
The Carer Awards provides an entertaining night, with performances as well as the following awards that are handed out to some of KARI’s exceptional Carers. This year’s winners included:
- Staff Choice Award: Jessica and Brendan Dalli
- Kids Choice Award: Corrine and Matthew Glanville
- Respite Carer: Jodie Blake and David Cardiff
- KARI Program Champion: Sky and Michael Gallagher
- Staff Choice Award: Narelle Mervin
- Kids Choice Award: Anjila Singh
- Respite Carer Award: Katheleen Sutherland
- KARI Program Champion: Sharnah Rebetzke Dutallis
- Staff Choice Award: Anita and Francis Moran
- Kids Choice Award: Hannah and Simeon Kirovsky
- Respite Carer: Justine Purea and Phyllis White
- KARI Program Champion: Dean McEwen
Of course, the most prestigious award a Carer can receive on the night, is the Carer Award of the Year, which is presented to Carers from each region. See below video nominations from KARI staff on this year’s Award Winners.
Carer of the Year Award (SWS) – Jill and James McKay
Carer of the Year Award (Penrith) – Katherine and Matthew O’Brien
Carer of the Year Award (Central) – Ina Simpson