Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 it was in the best interest of our community to put Vacation Care on hold for the July school holidays. After the success of our April School holiday Activity Packs, the Community Programs team created another Cultural Booklet and Activity Pack for children aged 5-12.
As this year’s dates for NAIDOC week have been officially rescheduled to November 2020 (8-15), the team wanted to acknowledge the original July dates by having NAIDOC Week as the theme for this pack. The 80-page booklet contained Dreamtime stories as well as arts and crafts activities for the children to complete.
The activities included:
- NAIDOC Week Find-a-word’s and colouring in
- The Rainbow Serpent (Dreamtime Story)
- How the Kangaroos got their tails (Dreamtime Story)
- Create your own Rainbow Serpent Activity
- Create your own Kangaroo Cup Activity
- Spot the difference
- Join the Dots
- Aboriginal Flag Mosaic
- NAIDOC Week Nature Canvas
- Cardboard Hand Painting
- Rainbow Sand Bottle Activity
- Outdoor Games
We received another overwhelming response with these packs and hope to continue providing our community with resources like this to assist in these unprecedented times.