The 2016 KARI Gala Dinner Dance was held on Saturday the 15 October at Campbelltown Catholic Club’s premier venue The Cube. Uncle Ivan Wellington opened the evening with a stirring Welcome to Country before our MC for the evening, KARI Ambassador Ray Hadley OAM, took over with gusto.
Guests were then treated to a spectacular performance by the Muggera Dance Group. The dancers gave a beautiful performance, inviting guests to join them on the dance floor to participate in various traditional dances.
To round off the entertainment and get everyone up on the dance floor, performers Sarah Bertram and Blake Ralph and band gave us some wonderful renditions of some modern floor fillers and some old favourites.
While guests enjoyed their three course meals, the silent auction proved to be as popular as ever, with bidding wars erupting over crowd favourites. Silent auction items included:
- Signed Manly Sea Eagle jersey
- Signed City Origin jersey
- Signed NSW Blues jersey
- Signed South Sydney Rabbitohs Indigenous All Stars jersey
- Signed Parramatta Eels jersey
- Framed Glen Morgan Bare Island Photograph
- Aboriginal artwork by Danielle Mate
- Mercure Hotels 2 night stay
- Sage Hotels 1 night stay
- York Jewellers jewellery
- F45 Package with Beau Champion
Undoubtedly, one of the most exciting aspects of this year’s event was the live auction, with five fantastic prizes up for grabs for guests. Items auctioned off included:
- Home Goods Package
- 9 night South Pacific Cruise
- Gold Coast Holiday Package
- South Sydney Rabbitohs Game Day Experience
- Canterbury Bulldogs Game Day Experience
Thank you to Ray Hadley for his contribution on the night and to our sponsors, supporters and guests for making the night a huge success! We look forward to bringing you an even better Gala Dinner in 2017.
You can view photos from the night here.