National Close the Gap Day (NCTDG) and the launch of the 2020 Close the Gap Report was on Thursday 19th March. It is a national day of action and a time for all Australians to pledge support for achieving health equality for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people by 2030.
Each year the support for NCTDG continues to grow and last year people all over the country took part in events to create awareness of the Close the Gap Campaign. NCTGD aims to bring people together, to share information — and most importantly — to take meaningful action in support of achieving Indigenous health equality by 2030.
With continued support from the public, the overall aim is to ensure the Australian Government continues to work with Indigenous communities, commit additional funding and invest in real partnerships to achieve this goal.
This year the focus is on the role of culture in improving health outcomes: we nurture our culture for our future, and our culture nurtures us.
Below is a list of ways you can get involved for the next National Close the Gap Day:
- Register your activity. You can download online resources to support your event.
- Invite workmates and family to join you
- Take action by signing the Close the Gap pledge and ask colleagues to do the same. Click here.
- Listen to and share the stories of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people on the Close the Gap Facebook page.
- Share your photos and stories on social media, use the hashtag #ClosetheGap
Your actions can create lasting change. Be part of the generation that closes the gap.
For more information on Close the Gap Day and how to get involved, click here.
To read the 2020 Close the Gap Report follow the link below: